Postdoctoral fellow, Jan.2002-Feb. 2003, July 2004-June 2005, a postdoc fellow at Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
Ph. D. 1995-1998, majoring in veterinary microbiology and immunology, at College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China.
M.Sc. 1985-1988, majoring in veterinary pathobiology at College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China.
Bachelor degree 1981-1985, at College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Hunan Agricultural University, Hunan, China.
Feb. 2003-present, working as a Professor in animal infectious diseases and public health, advisor for graduate students for both M.Sc and Ph. D in College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, China.
1999-2002, working as an associate professor in veterinary microbiology and immunology, advisor of graduate students for M. Sc in College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China.
1998-1999, working as an assistant professor in College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China, teaching and researching in the area of veterinary microbiology and immunology.
1989-1995, working as an assistant professor in Nanjing Institute of Dairy Science, Nanjing, China, doing research and management in disease control of dairy cows and milk quality control.
Areas of Research Interests/ Research
Her current research interested in basic and applied research on bovine infectious diseases and zoonosis. The main areas are involved in epidemiology and etiology, pathogenesis and immunology, development of novel vaccines and diagnostic techniques. She currently focus on the pathogens responsible for respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases such as Mycobacterium bovis, Mycoplasma bovis, Bovine infectious rhinotracheitis virus, Salmonella, and Bovine viral diarrhea virus, etc.
She is engaged in the basic and applied research related to the prevention and control of animal tuberculosis and bovine infectious diseases. In the past five years, she was awarded over 20 scientific research projects funded by the national natural science foundation of China (NSFC) and major international cooperation projects, 973 project, a special fund for Agro-scientific Research in the Public Interest. Published 84 papers, including 35 SCI papers. Published 16 books as the editor or co-authors, including 6 books as the editor on bovine tuberculosis; 8 patents have been authorized; 3 national standards and 7 local standards were developed. 3 bovine tuberculosis diagnostic kits were generated and licensed whose copyright has been transferred to enterprises to produce them. She was awarded one second prize by Hubei provincial government and one first prize of Wuhan city government for the development of novel diagnostic reagents for human and animal tuberculosis.
Some grants of national and provincial levels
1. Research on risk prediction of brucellosis and tuberculosis in dairy cows based on bulk milk test. Funded by Technology Innovation Special Program in Hubei Province (foreign science and technology cooperation). # 2019AHB069. 2019.1.1-2020.12.31.
2. Research on the molecular mechanism of cyclodinucleotide phosphodiesterase regulating the growth characteristics of Mycoplasma bovis. Funded by National Natural Science Foundation. #31772745. 2018.01-2021.12.
3. Comparative study on secretory proteomics of Mycoplasma bovis and Mycoplasma mycoid subspecies. Key grant funded by International (Regional) Cooperative Exchange Program Of National Natural Science Foundation of China. #31661143015. 2017.01-2021.12.
4. Genome-wide ncRNA sequence analysis revealed the interaction mechanism between mycobacterium tuberculosis and macrophages. Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China. #31472219. 2015.01-2018.12.
5. Research on the function of UL51 gene of bovine herpesvirus type 1. Funded by Ministry of Education University Doctoral Foundation. NO.20130146110003. 2014.1.1-2016.12.31.
6. Key technology and application of disease control and health monitoring in shennongjia golden monkey population. Key Project of National Science And Technology Program. # 2013BAD03B01-02. 2013.1.1-2017.12.31.
7. Industrialization transformation and promotion of bovine tuberculosis detection kit. Funded by Agricultural Science And Technology Achievements Transformation Foundation. #2012GB23600628. 2012.03-2014.03.
8. Identification and functional study of new virulence related genes in Mycoplasma bovis. Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China. #31272587. 2013.01-2016.12.
9. Epidemic and transmission mechanisms of pathogens in animals and humans. Funded by National 973 Program. #2012CB518801. 2012.01-2016.08.
10. Screening and validation of molecular markers of tuberculosis diagnosis. Key Scientific And Technological Projects On The Prevention And Treatment Of Major Infectious Diseases Such As Aids And Viral Hepatitis. #2012ZX10003002-016. 2012-2016.
11. Research on environmental stress response and regulation technology in livestock production and transportation. Sponsored by a special fund for Agro-scientific Research in the Public Interest. #201003060. 2010-2014.
1. Muhammad Zubair, Farhan Anwar Khan, Harish Menghwar, Muhammad Faisal, Muhammad Ashraf, Muhammad Asif Rasheed, Marawan A Marawan, Ali Dawood1, Yingyu Chen, Huanchun Chen,Aizhen Guo.Progresses on bacterial secretomes enlighten research on Mycoplasma secretome.Microbial Pathogenesis,Available online 17 March 2020, 104160
2. Muhammad Zubair, Shafii Abdullahi Muhamed, Farhan Anwar Khan, Gang Zhao, Harish Menghwar, Muhammad Faisal, Hui Zhang, Xifang Zhu,Muhammad Asif Rasheed, Yingyu Chen, Marawan Adel, Huanchun Chen,Aizhen Guo.Identification of 60 secretory proteins for Mycoplasma bovis with secretome assay.Microbial Pathogenesis,2020, in press.
3. Sohail Raza, Farzana Shahin, Wenjun Zhai, Hanxiong Li, Gualtiero Alvisi, Kui Yang*, Xi Chen, Yingyu Chen, Jianguo Chen, Changmin Hu, Huanchun Chen, Aizhen Guo.Ivermectin Inhibits Bovine Herpesvirus 1 DNA Polymerase Nuclear Import and Interferes with Viral Replication.Microorganisms 2020, 8, 409.
4. Zhu X, Dong Y, Baranowski E, Li X, Zhao G, Hao Z, Zhang H, Chen Y, Hu C, Chen H, Citti C, Guo A. Mbov_0503 Encodes a Novel Cytoadhesin that Facilitates Mycoplasma bovis Interaction with Tight Junctions. Microorganisms. 2020, 8(2). pii: E164.
5. Zhu X, Dordet-Frisoni E, Gillard L, Ba A, Hygonenq MC, Sagné E, Nouvel LX,Maillard R, Assié S, Guo A, Citti C, Baranowski E. Extracellular DNA: A Nutritional Trigger of Mycoplasma bovis Cytotoxicity. Front Microbiol. 2019, 10:2753.
6. Liu Han, Xiong Xuekai, Zhai Wenjun, Zhu Tingting, Zhu Xiaojie, Zhu Yifan, Peng Yongchong, Wang Jieru, Chen Huanchun, Chen Yingyu, Guo Aizhen*. Upregulation of Cytokines and Differentiation of Th17 and Treg by Dendritic Cells: Central Role of Prostaglandin E2 Induced by Mycobacterium bovis. Microorganisms,2020, 8(2), pii: E195.
7. Yifan Zhu, Yao Xiao, Delai Kong, Han Liu, Xi Chen, Yingyu Chen, Tingting Zhu, Yongchong Peng, Wenjun Zhai, Changmin Hu, Huanchun Chen, Sizhu Suolang, Aizhen Guo* and Jiaqiang Niu*. Down-regulation of miR-378d increased Rab10 expression to help clearance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in macrophages. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology,2020,10,doi:10.3389/fcimb.2020. 00108.
8. Chao J, Han X, Liu K, Li Q, Peng Q, Lu S, Zhao G, Zhu X, Hu G, Dong Y, Hu C, ChenY, Chen J, Chen H, Guo A. Pathogenesis and Immunity Associated with Pathogenic Th17 and Th1 as Revealed by Differential Transcription Profiles of Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells of Calves Induced by Virulent and Attenuated Mycoplasma bovis Strains in vivo. Genes, 2019, 10(9): 656. DOI:10.3390/genes10090656.
9. Anwar Khan F , Chen X, Shoaib M, Shah M, Ahmad F, Khan H, Ur Rehman F, Saeed M, Ahmad I, Ahmad I, Guo A. Two dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-DE) for high-throughput proteome analyses of Mycoplasma bovis. Acta Biochim Pol. 2019, 66(3): 321-327.
10. Qingye Zhuang, Suchun Wang, Shuo Liu, Guangyu Hou, Jinping Li, Wenming Jiang, Kaicheng Wang,Cheng Peng, Dong Liu, Aizhen Guo* and Jiming Chen*.Diversity and distribution of type A influenza viruses: an updated panorama analysis based on protein sequences.Virology Journal,2019,16(1):85.
11. Qiao Hongxing, Zhang Xiaojing, Shi Hongtao, Song Yuzhen, Bian Chuanzhou, Guo Aizhen*.Assessment of the physicochemical properties and bacterial composition of Lactobacillus plantarum and Enterococcus faecium-fermented Astragalus membranaceus using single molecule, real-time sequencing technology. Scientific Reports, 2018,8:11862.
12. Xi Chen, Jing Huang, Hongmei Zhu, Yongpeng Guo, Farhan Anwar Khan,Harish Menghwar, Gang Zhao, Aizhen Guo*. P27 (MBOV_RS03440) is a novel fibronectin binding adhesin of Mycoplasma bovis. International Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2018, 308: 848–857.
13. Ren Ningning, Jinli Jingfang, Chen Yingyu*, Zhou Xia, Wang Jieru, Ge Pan, Farhan Anwar Khan, Zhang Li, Hu Changmin, Ian D. Robertson, Chen Huanchun, Guo Aizhen*.Identification of new diagnostic biomarkers for Mycobacterium tuberculosis and the potential application in the serodiagnosis of human tuberculosis. Microbial Biotechnology 2018,11(5):893-904.
14. Jieru Wang, Xiaojie Zhu, Xuekai Xiong, Pan Ge, Han Liu, Ningning Ren, Farhan Anwar Khan, Xia Zhou,Li Zhang, Xu Yuan, Xi Chen, Yingyu Chen, Changmin Hu, Ian D. Robertson, Huanchun Chen and Aizhen Guo.Identification of potential urine proteins and microRNA biomarkers for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Emerging Microbes & Infections. 2018, 7(1): 63.
15. Farzana Shahin, Sohail Raza, Kui Yang, Changmin Hu, Yingyu Chen, Huanchun Chen, Aizhen Guo?. Bovine herpesvirus 1 tegument protein UL21 plays critical roles in viral secondary envelopment and cell-to-cell spreading, Oncotarget. 2017, 8(55): 94462-94480.
16. Farhan Anwar Khan, Gang Zhao, Yusi Guo, Muhammad Faisal,Jin Chao,Xi Chen, Chenfei He, Harish Menghwar, Rahim Dad, Muhammad Zubair, Changmin Hu, Yingyu Chen, Huanchun Chen, Zhang Rui, Aizhen Guo?. Proteomics identification and characterization of MbovP730 as a potential DIVA antigen of Mycoplasma bovis, Oncotarget, 2017,1: 1-15.
17. Xuekai Xiong, Rui Wang, Dachuan Deng, Yingyu Chen, Han Liu, Tianqi Wang, Jieru Wang, Xiaojie Zhu, Xifang Zhu, Yongqiang Zhu, Xinyan Lu, Huanchun Chen, Huajun Zheng, Aizhen Guo. Comparative Genomics of a Bovine Mycobacterium tuberculosis Isolate and Other Strains Reveals Its Potential Mechanism of Bovine Adaptation. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2017, 8: 2500.
18. Menghwar H, He C, Zhang H,Zhao G,Zhu X,Khan FA, Faisal M, Rasheed MA, Zubair M, Memon AM, Ridley A, Robertson ID, Chen Y, Guo A*. Genotype distribution of Chinese Mycoplasma bovis isolates and their evolutionary relationship to strains from other countries. Microb Pathog. 2017, 111: 108-117.
19. Flahou B, Rossi M, Bakker J, Langermans JA, Heuvelman E, Solnick JV, Martin ME, O'Rourke J, Ngoan LD, Hoa NX, Nakamura M, Øverby A, Matsui H, Ota H, Matsumoto T, Foss DL, Kopta LA, Omotosho O, Franciosini MP, Casagrande Proietti P, Guo A, Liu H, Borilova G, Bracarense AP, Lindén SK, De Bruyckere S, Zhang G, De Witte C, Smet A, Pasmans F, Ducatelle R, Corander J, Haesebrouck F. Evidence for a primate origin of zoonotic Helicobacter suis colonizing domesticated pigs. ISME J. 2017 Sep 8. doi: 10.1038/ismej.2017.145.
20. Xia Miaomiao, Lia Zheng, Chen Yingyu, Xiang Yuqiang, Yang Li, Zhao Xiangwei, Guo Aizhen, Chen Huanchun, Tan Chen*, Hu Yonggang*. Protein self-assembly via Zr4+ions on spore-based microspheres for immunoassays. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical. 2018, 254:166-176.
21. Rasheed MA, Qi J, Zhu X, Chenfei H, Menghwar H, Khan FA, Zhao G, Zubair M, Hu C, Chen Y, Chen H, Guo A. Comparative Genomics of Mycoplasma bovis Strains Reveals That Decreased Virulence with Increasing Passages Might Correlate with Potential Virulence-Related Factors. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017, 7: 177.
22. Zhao G, Zhang H, Chen X, Zhu X, Guo Y, He C, Anwar Khan F, Chen Y, Hu C, Chen H, Guo A. Mycoplasma bovis NADH oxidase functions as both a NADH oxidizing and O(2) reducing enzyme and an adhesin. Sci Rep. 2017, 7(1): 44.
23. Chen Y, Wang J, Ge P, Cao D, Miao B, Robertson I, Zhou X, Zhang L, Chen H, Guo A. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1, a novel biomarker of tuberculosis. Mol Med Rep. 2017, 15(1): 483-487.
24. Khan FA, Faisal M, Chao J, Liu K, Chen X, Zhao G, Menghwar H, Zhang H, Zhu X, Rasheed MA, He C, Hu C, Chen Y, Baranowski E, Chen H, Guo A. Immunoproteomic identification of MbovP579, a promising diagnostic biomarker for serological detection of Mycoplasma bovis infection. Oncotarget. 2016, 7(26): 39376-39395.
25. Zhang H, Zhao G, Guo Y, Menghwar H, Chen Y, Chen H, Guo A. Mycoplasma bovis MBOV_RS02825 encodes a putative virulence-related nuclease. Int J Mol Sci, 2016, 17(5): 628.
26. Raza S, Deng M, Shahin F, Yang K, Hu C, Chen Y, Chen H, Guo A. A bovine herpesvirus 1 pUL51 deletion mutant shows impaired viral growth in vitro and reduced virulence in rabbits. Oncotarget. 2016,7(11):12235-12253.
27. Deng M, Ji S, Fei W, Raza S, He C, Chen Y, Chen H, Guo A. Prevalence study and genetic typing of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) in four bovine species in China. PLoS One. 2015, 10(4): e0121718.
28. Han X, Khan FA, Zhu X, Zhang R, Mustafa R, Hu C, Chen Y, Chen H, Guo A. Establishment of an antibody avidity test to differentiate vaccinated cattle from those naturally infected with Mycoplasma bovis. Vet J. 2015, 203(1): 79-84.
29. Zhang R, Han XX, Mustafa R, Qi JJ, Chen X, Hu CM, Chen YY, Chen HC, Guo AZ. Attenuated Mycoplasma bovis strains provide protection against virulent infection in calves. Vaccine, 2014, 32(25):3107-3114.
30. Chen Y, Wu J, Tu L, Xiong X, Hu X, Huang J, Xu Z, Zhang X, Hu C, Hu X, Guo A,Wang Y, Chen H.1H-NMR spectroscopy revealed abnormal serum metabolic profile of cattle infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PlosOne, 2013, 8(9): e74507.
31. Zhang X, Li S, Luo Y, Chen Y* , Cheng S, Zhang G, Hu C, Chen H, Guo A*.Mycobacterium bovis and BCG induce different patterns of cytokine and chemokine production in dendritic cells and differentiation patterns in CD4+ T cells. Microbiology-SGM. 2013, 159(Pt2): 366-379.
32. Qi J, Guo A, Cui P, Chen Y, Mustafa R, Ba X, Hu C, Bai Z, Chen X, Shi L, Chen H. Comparative Geno-Plasticity Analysis of Mycoplasma bovis HB0801 (Chinese Isolate). PLoS One. 2012,7(5): e38239.
1. Guo A, Jin C, Liu H, Chen Y, Hu C, Chen H. phoQ/rpoS-gene-deleted Salmonella dublin and its application. Application Number: 201510110209.8. Application Date: 20150313. Main Classification Number: C12N 1/20. Date of Issuance: 20180309. Patent Number: ZL201510110209.8.
2. Guo A, Zhao G, Chen X, Wang Q, Zhang H, Guo Y, Chen Y, Hu C. Monoclonal antibody of Mycoplasma bovis NADH oxidase. Application Number: 201510054798.2. Issue Number: 2015020301078670. Application Date: 20150203. Main Classification Number: C12N5/20(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20180309. Patent Number: ZL201510054798.2.
3. Guo A, Ren Z, Chen Y, Hu C, Zhang R, Cui P, Chen H. Mycoplasma bovis monoclonal antibody, and preparation method and application thereof. Application Number: 201210201726.2. Issue Number: 2015020200339190. Application Date: 20120619. Main Classification Number: C12N5/20(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20150408. Patent Number: ZL201210201726.2.
4. Guo A, Jiang Y, Chen Y, Zhang C, Hao L, Zou X, Chen H. Macaque IFN-gamma (interferon-gamma) monoclonal antibody hybridoma as well as preparation method and application thereof. Application Number: 201210098394.X. Issue Number: 201502020300850110. Application Date: 20120406. Main Classification Number: C12N5/20(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20150408. Patent Number: ZL201210098394.X.
5. Aizhen Guo, Xiaole Liu, Minmin Zhang, Yingyu Chen, Changmin Hu, Huanchun Chen. Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) detection method and kit for quickly diagnosing bovine parainfluenza virus 3 (BPIV-3). Application Number: 201110122089.5. Issue Number: 201502020300850110. Application Date: 20110512. Main Classification Number: C12Q1/70(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20130227. Patent Number: ZL201110122089.5. termination
6. Aizhen Guo, Ying Liu, Guangzhi Zhang, Juanhong Liao, Dongguang Liu, Qinglong Yu, Bing Wang, Xinfeng Zou,Jiajun Xiong, Liguo Yang, Huanchun Chen. Spotted deer gamma-interferon double-antibody sandwich ELISA detection method, kit thereof and application of kit. Application Number: 201010104575.X. Application Date: 20100203. Main Classification Number: G01N33/577(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20130306. Patent Number: ZL201010104575.X.
7. Aizhen Guo, Minmin Zhang, Zhengfei Liu, Shulin Fu, Huanchun Chen, gG and TK gene-deleted recombinant infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus and application. Application Number: 200910273357.6. Application Date: 20091224. Main Classification Number: C12N7/00(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20120725. Patent Number: ZL200910273357.6.
8. Aizhen Guo, Zhidi Bai, Xiaoliang Ba, Changmin Hu, Yingyu Chen, Qingjie Peng, Rui Zhang, Jingjing Qi, Peng Cui, Huanchun Chen.Mycoplasma bovis attenuated strain and application thereof. Application Number: 201110117094.7. Application Date: 20110506. Main Classification Number: C12N1/20(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20121003. Patent Number: ZL201110117094.7.
9. Aizhen Guo, Sha Cao, Huanchun Chen, Ziduo Liu, Chengcai Zhang, Yadi Tan. Application of dominant suppressing mutant F427D as anthrax bacillus toxin inhibitor and vaccine. Application Number: 200810197553.5. Application Date: 20081107. Main Classification Number: C12N1/21(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20120627. Patent Number: ZL200810197553.5.
10. Aizhen Guo, Lei Shi, Zhidi Bai, Changmin Hu, Qingjie Peng, Huanchun Chen, Xiaoliang Ba, Zemin Ren, Loop-mediated isothermal amplification detection method of mycoplasma bovis. Application Number: 200910272782.3. Application Date: 20091118. Main Classification Number: C12Q1/68(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20120607. Patent Number: ZL200910272782.3.
11. Aizhen Guo, Sha Cao, Huanchun Chen, Ziduo Liu, Chengcai Zhang, Yadi Tan. Application of dominant negative mutant F427N as anthrax toxin inhibitor and vaccine. Application Number: 200810197554.X. Application Date: 20081107. Main Classification Number: C12N1/21(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20110126. Patent Number: ZL200810197554.X.
12. Aizhen Guo, Dongguang Liu, Sha Cao, Yingyu Chen, Juandong Liao, Qinglong Yu, Jieyu Ling, Huanchun Chen. Recombinant bovine tuberculosis specific antigen protein with three fused genes and preparation method thereof. Application Number: 200910060913.1. Application Date:20090302. Main Classification Number: C12N15/62(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20110126. Patent Number: ZL200910060913.1.
13. Aizhen Guo, Shuhuan Zhang, Huanchun Chen, Yadi Tan, Yanjie Cao, Yingyu Chen, Qin Bo, Wen Lv, Youji Kuang. Immune colloidal gold test paper strip for detecting bovine tuberculosis antibody and its preparation method. Application Number: 200610166551.0. Application Date: 20061230. Main Classification Number: C12N1/21(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20090603. Patent Number: ZL200610166551.0.
14. Aizhen Guo, Bo Peng, Huanchun Chen, Hanyang Chen, Meilin Jin, Chong Wang. Bacteriophage containing short-peptide specifically combined with avian infectious bronchitis virus and use thereof. Application Number: 200410009301.7. Application Date: 20040705. Main Classification Number: C07K7/08(2006.01)I. Date of Issuance: 20080312. Patent Number: ZL200410009301.7.
Aizhen Guo is a senior Professor in the Department of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine and the State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology at Huazhong Agricultural University (HZAU), China; an adjunct Professor of Murdoch University, Australia; the expert awarded Special Allowance by China State Council, expert in China Agricultural Research System (Beef and Yak) and director in Division of bovine disease control, one of the National Distinguished Scholars in Agricultural Research and Technical Innovative Team in the Basic and Application Research on Bovine Diseases Control; director of National Animal Tuberculosis Para-Reference Laboratory (Wuhan) and Hubei International Scientific and Technological Cooperation Base of Veterinary Epidemiology. In the past five years, she has been awarded over 20 grants funded by Special Fund for Agro-scientific Research in the Public Interest, “973” program, the general and key program by National Natural Science Foundation of China, etc; published 77 peer reviewed papers including 37 in SCI cited journals, edited and co-edited 16 books; awarded 8 national invention patents; made up 3 national technique standards and 7 provincial standards; obtained 3 licenses for new veterinary drugs (Classs B). Her achievements about “Novel diagnostic reagents for human and animal tuberculosis” were awarded the 2nd prize by provincial government and 1st prize by Wuhan government. To improve the levels of bovine disease control, she transferred the copyright of her products to six enterprises for production and extension.