Research Discipline：Plant Pathology
Research Interest：Plant-parasitic nematode interaction
Education & Working Experience
2016-Now, Principle Investigator, College of Plant Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University (HZAU), Wuhan, Hubei, China.
2012-2016: Postdoctoral Research Associate, National Center for Soybean Biotechnology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
2010-2012: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
2004-2009: Ph.D., Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
2001-2004: Master, Key Lab of Plant Stress Research, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, China.
1997-2001: Bachelor, Department of Biology, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, China
Huazhong Agricultural University Scientific & Technological Self-innovation Foundation, PI (2016-2021)
National Key Research and Development Program of China, Participant (2016-2020)
National Natural Science Foundation of China, PI(2018-2021)
Our lab is focused on the molecular mechanism of plant-nematode interaction using rice-root knot nematode and soybean-soybean cyst nematode interaction systems. Research in our lab includes screening and cloning more nematode resistance genes, studying the resistance mechanism of resistance genes, mining more nematode effectors and studying the function of those effectors. The ultimate goal is to develop elite crop plants with enhanced plant disease resistance by genetic engineering.
Bent AF, Hudson M, Diers B, Melito S, Cook DE, Hughes T, Bayless A, Wang J, Lee TG, Guo X. 2013. Rhg1 mediated resistance to soybean cyst nematode. USA 20130305410 A1
1. Guo X, Wang J, Gardner M, Fukuda H, Kondo Y, Etchells P, Wang X, and Mitchum MG. 2017. Identification of cyst nematode B-type CLE peptides and modulation of the vascular stem cell pathway for feeding cell formation. PLoS Pathog. 13(2): e1006142.
2. Cook DE*, Lee TG*, Guo X*, Melito S, Wang K, Bayless AM, Wang J, Hughes TJ, Willis DK, Clemente TE, Diers BW, Jiang J, Hudson ME, Bent AF. 2012. Copy number variation of multiple genes at Rhg1 mediates nematode resistance in soybean. Science. 338: 1206-1209 (共同一作).
3. Guo X, Chronis D, De La Torre Cuba C, Smeda J, Wang X, Mitchum MG. 2015. Enhanced resistance to soybean cyst nematode Heterodera glycines in transgenic soybean by silencing putative CLE receptors. Plant Biotechnol J. 13: 801-810.
4. Guo X*, Hou X*, Fang J*, Wei P, Xu B, Chen M, Feng Y, Chu C. 2013. The rice GERMINATION DEFECTIVE 1, encoding a B3 domain transcriptional repressor, regulates seed germination and seedling development by integrating GA and carbohydrate metabolism. Plant J. 75: 403-416.
5. Guo X*, Wu Y*, Wang Y, Chen Y, Chu C. 2009. OsMSRA4.1 and OsMSRB1.1, two rice plastidial methionine sulfoxide reductases, are involved in abiotic stress responses. Planta. 230: 227-238.
6. Guo X, Cao Y, Cao ZY, Zhao YX, and Zhang H. 2004. Molecular cloning and characterization a stress-induced peroxiredoxin Q gene in halophyte Suaeda salsa. Plant Sci. 167: 969-975.
7. Cook DE, Bayless AM, Wang K, Guo X, Song Q, Jiang J, Bent AF. 2014. Distinct copy number, coding sequence and locus methylation patterns underlie Rhg1-mediated soybean resistance to soybean cyst nematode. Plant Physiol. 165: 630-647.
8. Fang J, Chai C, Qian Q, Li C, Tang J, Sun L, Huang Z, Guo X, Sun C, Liu M, Zhang Y, Lu Q, Wang Y, Lu C, Han B, Chen F, Cheng Z, Chu C. 2008. Mutations of genes in synthesis of the carotenoid precursors of ABA lead to pre-harvest sprouting and photo-oxidation in rice. Plant J. 54: 177-189.
9. Jing L, Chen S, Guo X, Zhang H, Zhao Y. 2006. Overexpression of a Chloroplast-located Peroxiredoxin Q Gene, SsPrxQ, Increases the Salt and Low-temperature Tolerance of Arabidopsis. Journal of Integr Plant Biol. 48: 1244-1249.
10. Cao Y, Guo X, Zhang Q, Cao Z, Zhao Y, and Zhang H. 2005. Isolation and characterization of carotenoid cleavage dioxygenase gene in halophyte Suaeda salsa. Plant Growth Regul. 46: 61-67.