Was born in 1969, Male
Professor, Plant Pathology, Huazhong Agricultural University
Yangtze River Scholars Distinguished Professor of the Ministry of Education, P R China
Director and Principal investigator, The State Key Lab of Agricultural Microbiology, P R China
Plant Pathology, College of Plant Science and Technology
Huazhong Agricultural University
Shizishan 1#, Hongshan District, 430070
Wuhan, Hubei Province
P R China
Tel: 86-13037139209 (MP), 86-27-87280487 (O)
Education & Working Experience
Ph. D degree in 1999, Microbiology, HZAU
Master degree in 1995, Plant Pathology, HZAU
Bachelor degree in 1992, Plant Protection, HZAU
08/2017-, Director, the State Key Lab of Agricultural Microbiology
1/2004-, Prof, Plant Pathology, College of Plant Science and Technology, HZAU
10/ 2004 to 09/2017 Vice-dean, Plant Science and Technology, HZAU
1/2001 to 12/2003 Associate Prof, Plant Pathology, HZAU
11/2000 to 8/2001 Visiting Scientist, China Agricultural University
10/1999 to 10/2000 Visiting Scientist, University of Kentucky
1/1998 to 12/2000 Lecturer, Department of Plant Protection, HZAU
7/1995 to 12/1997 Assistant Prof., Department of Plant Protection, HZAU
Biological control and Phytomicrobiome, especially focusing on Sclerotinia diseases and other soil-borne diseases; Mycoviruses, theories and their application
For undergraduate students: General Plant Pathology
For graduate students: Advanced Plant Pathology
Guide postgraduate students: Ph. D student, 22; Master degree student 13.
Graduated students: Ph. D student, 27; Master degree student, 53.
l Vice Chair, Committee member of Chinese Society for Plant Pathology (2014-)
l Committee member of Chinese Mycology Society (2011-)
l Committee member of Hubei Association for science and technology (2011-)
l Vice Chief editor, Acta Phytopathologia Sinica (2009-)
l 《Phytopathology Research》Senior editor
l 《Oil Crop Science》 Editor
l 《Virologica Sinica》 Eidtor
l International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV), committee member (Study Groups: Mymonaviridae Study Group (Chair), Monjiviricetes Study Group, Botourmiaviridae Study Group, Chrysoviridae Study Group, Nyamiviridae Study Group)
l 1st joint Symposium Botrytis & Sclerotinia 2020 (postponed) Scientific commettie
l Chair, Committee member of The Hubei Province Society for Plant Pathology (2012-)
l Committee member of Young Pathologist Work councils, China Society of Plant Pathology (2005-2009)
2016, Awarded "Special government allowance offered by The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security (MOHRSS) of PR China (Since 2016)
2016, Selected as "National Special Support Program for High Level Talents (10000 Program)"
2015, Selected as "Outstanding Talents of Agricultural Scientific Research in the Ministry of Agriculture, PR China
2014, Selected as "The National Key Talent Project" and "National innovation talent promotion plan".
2012- Selected as distinguished professors of "Yangtze River Scholars Distinguished Professor” of the Ministry of Education
2011, Funded by China National Funds for Distinguished Young Scientists (31125023)
2007- Nominated as “Scientist for China Agriculture Research System” by Ministry of Agriculture of P.R. China (2007-present))
2006, Funded by Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University, Ministry of Education of P.R. China
2004, Funded by Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province for distinguish Young Scientist
2003, Funded by Special Program of Ministry of Education of China for Distinguished Young Teachers in College and University
2003, Funded by Fok Ying Dung Education Foundation for Young Teachers in College and University (Ministry of Education of P.R. China)
2010- Awarded as “Young expert with outstanding contributions for Hubei Province”
2007- Rewarded as “Youth Science and Technology Award of Hubei Province”
2006, Rewarded by Fok Ying Dung Education Foundation (Ministry of Education of P.R. China), and Ranked No. 1 in Research Group
2005, Awarded as “ Potential Young Scientist of Wuhan City” by the committee of Science and Technology of Wuhan City
2004, Awarded as “Expert on teaching and research among young workers in Hubei Province” by Government of Hubei Province
1. Lijiang Liu, Jiatao Xie, Jiasen Cheng, Yanping Fu, Guoqing Li, Xianhong Yi, Daohong Jiang* 2014 Fungal negative-stranded RNA virus that is related to bornaviruses and nyaviruses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111 (33): 12205-12210.
2. Si Liu, Jiatao Xie, Jiasen Cheng, Bo Li, Tao Chen, Yanping Fu, Guoqing Li,Manqun Wang, Huanan Jin, Hu Wan, Daohong Jiang*. 2016. A Fungal DNA virus infects a mycophagous insect and utilizes it as a transmission vector. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113(45): 12803-12808.
3. Xiao Yu, Bo Li, Yanping Fu, Jiatao Xie, Jiasen Cheng, Said A. Ghabrial, Guoqing Li, Xianhong Yi, Daohong Jiang* 2013 Extracellular transmission of a DNA mycovirus and its use as a natural fungicide. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110(4): 1452-1457.
4. Xiao Yu, Bo Li, Yanping Fu, Daohong Jiang*, Said A Ghabrial, Guoqing Li, Youliang Peng, Jiatao Xie, Jiasen Cheng, Junbin Huang, and Xianhong Yi 2010 A geminivirus-related DNA mycovirus that confers hypovirulence to a plant pathogenic fungus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107: 8387-8392.
5. Jiatao Xie, Daohong Jiang* 2014 New insights into mycoviruses and exploration for the biological control of crop fungal diseases. Annu Rev Phytopathol 52: 45-68.
6. Songsong Wu, Jiasen Cheng, Yanping Fu, Tao Chen, Daohong Jiang, Said A. Ghabrial and Jiatao Xie* 2017 Virus-mediated suppression of host non-self recognition facilitates horizontal transmission of heterologous viruses. PLoS Pathogens 13(3): e1006234.
7. Xueliang Lyu, Cuicui Shen, Yanping Fu, Jiatao Xie, Daohong Jiang, Guoqing Li and Jiasen Cheng* 2016 A small secreted virulence-related protein is essential for the necrotrophic interactions of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum with its host plants. PLoS Pathogens 12(2): e1005435.
8. Guogen Yang, Liguang Tang, Yandi Gong, J Xie, Yanping Fu, Daohong Jiang, Guoqing Li, David Collinge, Weidong Chen and Jiasen Cheng* 2017 A cerato-platanin protein SsCP1 targets plant PR1 and contributes to virulence of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. New Phytologist 217(2): 739-755.
9. Xiaoxiang Yang, Hui Cui, Jiasen Cheng, Jiatao Xie, Daohong Jiang, Tom Hsiang, and Yanping Fu 2016 A HOPS protein, CmVps39, is required for vacuolar morphology, autophagy, conidiogenesis and mycoparasitism of Coniothyrium minitans. Enviromental Microbiology 18 (11) : 3785-3797.
10. Xueqiong Xiao, Jiatao Xie, Jiasen Cheng, Guoqing Li,Xianhong Yi, Daohong Jiang, Yanping Fu* 2014 Novel secretory protein Ss-Caf1 of the plant-pathogenic fungus Sclerotinia sclerotiorum is required for host penetration and normal sclerotial development. Mol Plant Microbe Interact 27(1): 40-55.
11. Minghong Wang, Yong Wang, Xiangzhong Sun, Jiasen Cheng, Yanping Fu, Huiquan Liu, Daohong Jiang, Said Ghabrial, and Jiatao Xie* 2015 Characterization of a novel megabirnavirus from Sclerotinia sclerotiorum reveals horizontal gene transfer from ssRNA virus to dsRNA virus. J Virology 89(16): 8567-8579.
12. Xueqiong Xiao, Jiasen Cheng, Jinghua Tang, Yanping Fu, Daohong Jiang, Timothy S. Baker, Said A. Ghabrial and Jiatao Xie* 2014 A novel partitivirus that confers hypovirulence on plant pathogenic fungi. J Virology 88(17): 10120-10133.
13. Huiquan Liu, Yanping Fu, Daohong Jiang*, Guoqing Li, Jiatao Xie, Jiasen Cheng, Youliang Peng, Said A Ghabrial, and Xianhong Yi 2011 Widespread endogenization of densoviruses and parvoviruses in animal and human genomes. J Virology 85(19): 9863-9876.
14. Huiquan Liu, Yanping Fu, Daohong Jiang*, Guoqing Li, Jiatao Xie, Jiasen Cheng, Youliang Peng, Said A Ghabrial, and Xianhong Yi 2010 Widespread horizontal gene transfer from double-stranded RNA viruses to eukaryotic nuclear genomes. J Virology 84: 1876-11887.
15. Liu Huiquan, Fu Yanping, Jiang Daohong*, Li Guoqing, Xie Jun, Peng Youliang, Yi Xianhong, Ghabrial Said A 2009 A novel mycovirus that is related to the human pathogen Hepatitis E virus and rubi-like viruses. J Virology 83: 1981-1991.