National Key Lab of Agricultural University
College of Life Science and Technology
Huazhong Agricultural University
Wuhan, China. 430070
1999-2003: PhD, The University of Melbourne
1987-1990: MMed, Hubei Medical University
1982-1987: MBBS, Hubei Medical University
2010-: Professor, Huazhong Agricultural University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine
2009: Lecturer, Latrobe University, Australia
2003-2008: Postdoctoral Research Scientist, The University of Melbourne, Department of Veterinary Science
1990-1999: Research Scientist, Hubei Institute of Schistosomiasis Control
1995: Visiting Scientist, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Japan
1998: Visiting Scientist, Monash University, Australia
Molecular mechanisms regulating the development and reproduction of parasitic nematodes related with the host invasion and parasite-host interaction, drug resistance and vaccine development of Haemonchus contortus.
2010-present Animal Parasitic Diseases (for undergraduate), Diagnosis of Parasitic Diseases (for undergraduate and postgraduate)
2009 Animal Health course including animal parasitology and immunology
1.Di W, Gasser RB*, He L, Li F, Liu X, Zhou C, Zhou Y, Fang R, Zhao J, Hu M*. A serine/threonine-specific protein kinase of Haemonchus contortus with a role in the development. The FASEB Journal, 2020, 34(2):2075-2086.
2. He L, Gasser, RB, Li T, Di W, Zhang H, Zhou C Fang R, Hu M*. A TGF-βtype II receptor that associates with developmental transition in Haemonchus contortus in vitro. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 2019, 13(2):e0007913.
3. Zhao L, Lu Z, He X, Mughal MN, Fang R, Zhou Y, Zhao J, Gasser RB, Grevelding CG, Ye Q*, Hu M*. Serine/threonine protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) controls growth and reproduction in Schistosoma japonicum. The FASEB Journal 2018, June 7:fj201800725R
4. He L, Gasser RB*, Korhonen PK, Di W, Li F, Zhang H, Li F, Zhou Y, Fang R, Zhao J, Hu M*. A TGF-β type I receptor molecule with a key functional role in Haemonchus contortus development. International Journal for Parasitology, 2018, 48:1023-1033.
5. Wang C, Li F, Zhang Z, Yang X, Ahmad AA, Li X, Du A, Hu M*. Recent research progress in China on Haemonchus contortus. Frontier in Microbiology, 2017, 8:1509.
6. Yuan W, Zhou H, Lok JB, Lei W, He S, Gasser RB, Zhou R, Fang R, Zhou Y, Zhao J, Hu M*. Functional genomic exploration reveals that Ss-RIOK-1 is essential for the development and survival of Strongyloides stercoralis larvae. International Journal for Parasitology, 2017, 47:933-940.
7. Zhang Z, Gasser RB, Yang X, Yin F, Zhao G, Bo M, Pan B, Huang W, Wang C, Zou F, Zhou Y, Zhao J, Fang R, Hu M*. Two benzimidazole resistance-associated SNPs in the isotype-1 β-tubulin gene predominate in Haemonchus contortus populations from eight regions in China. International Journal for Parasitology: Drugs and Drug Resistance, 2016, 6:199-206.
8. Yuan W, Lok JB, Stoltzfus JD, Gasser RB, Fang F, Lei WQ, Fang R, Zhou YQ, Zhao JL, Hu M*. Toward understanding the functional role of Ss-riok-1, a RIO protein kinase-encoding gene of Strongyloides stercoralis. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 2014, 8(8):e3062.
9. Li F, Lok JB, Gasser RB, Korhonen PK, Sandeman MR, Shi D, Zhou R, Li X, Zhou Y, Zhao J, Hu M*. Hc-daf-2 encodes an insulin-like receptor kinase in the barber’s pole worm, Haemonchus contortus, and restores partial dauer regulation. International Journal for Parasitolgy, 2014, 44:485-496.
10. Ye Q, Dong HF, Grevelding CG, Hu M*. In vitro cultivation of Schistosoma japonicum – parasites and cells. Biotechnology Advances, 2013, 31:1722-1737.